1. CHECKMATE MARINE, INC. warrants each new CHECKMATE BOAT manufactured by it and still owned by the original purchaser, to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
2. CHECKMATE MARINE, INC. additionally warrants each new fiberglass hull to be free from defects in material and in workmanship when operated under normal use and under normal conditions, with normal care for a period of ten (10) years form the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
3. This warranty shall become effective only upon our receipt of the completed warranty card attached hereto, which shall identify the CHECKMATE BOAT by serial number.
4. This limited warranty does not apply to:
|Any product not manufactured by CHECKMATE MARINE, INC., including but not limited to engines, drives, instruments, fuel tanks, pumps, controls or other equipment or accessories installed by CHECKMATE MARINE, INC., some of which may be covered by a separate warranty granted by the manufacturer of such parts.
Damage or effects of such damage caused by the installation of engines, accessories or other equipment installed by anyone other than CHECKMATE MARINE, INC.
Boats that have been sold or transferred by the original owner; boats that have been altered, overloaded, overpowered, or subject to misuse or negligent care. WARRANTY IS AUTOMATICALLY VOIDED IF THE BOAT HAS BEEN OVERPOWERED ACCORDING TO NMMA AND COAST GUARD RECOMMENDED ENGINE HORSEPOWER AS SPECIFIED ON THE CAPACITY PLATE ORIGINALLY AFFIXED TO EACH BOAT SOLD.
Windshield breakage, leakage, colorfastness, upholstery, paints or plated finishes.
Any boat or portion thereof used for racing, governmental or commercial use or service.
Water damage, dry rot absorption or condensation to interior surfaces, wood structure of polyurethane foam.
Exterior gel coat surfaces including but not limited to cracking, crazing, and discoloration, blistering, chalking or fading.
Costs or charges derived from inconveniences or loss of use, commercial or monetary loss due to time loss or any other special or consequential damage of any kind or nature whatsoever.
5. Reasonable access must be provided to the product for warranty service. This warranty will not apply to haul-out, launch, towing and storage charges, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience, loss of time or income or other consequential damages.
6. Claim shall be made under this warranty by delivering the Boat for inspection to a CHECKMATE dealer authorized to service the purchasers’ boat. If the purchaser cannot deliver the BOAT to such authorized dealer, he may give notice in writing to CHECKMATE MARINE, INC. CHECKMATE MARINE, INC. shall then arrange for the inspection and repair, provided such service appears to be within the parameters of this warranty, otherwise purchaser shall pay for all related labor and material. Any boat or parts shipped by purchaser for inspection or repair must be shipped with transportation charges prepaid.
7. Our obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing a defective part or, at our option, replacing such part or parts as shall be necessary to remedy any malfunction resulting from defects in material or workmanship as covered by this warranty. We reserve the right to change or to improve the design of any BOAT without assuming any obligation to modify any BOAT previously manufactured.
8. THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND MAY NOT BE MODIFIED OR EXTENDED BY ANYONE, EXCEPT THAT ANY QUALIFICATION OR RESTRICTION CONTAINED HEREIN WHICH IS PROHIBITED BY ANY LAW WHERE THE BOAT IS SOLD AND SUCH QUALIFICATION OR RESTRICTION ONLY, IS NULL AND VOID. ALL OTHER QUALIFICATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS OF THIS WARRANTY REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FACE HEREOF. THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.